It isn't until the 15th that we actually learn our dances, and it's not everyday that we have lessons. So, what am I doing if I'm not learning all this stuff?
Simple. Enjoying Nagpur with friends.
The next couple of weeks were kind of like an extension of south tour. We even managed to get Jordan, Kelsey, and Amanda to come to Nagpur for the performance! Most of us were together, just running wild through Nagpur. Except, it was less touring and more living. Nagpur is real India (As opposed to Tourist India which we were just in). Instead of visiting temples, we were sitting at the CCD or walking around the mall.
I've learned that Nagpur is a great city. There are two malls, a movies theatre, and a quite a number of places for young people to hang out. Like Poonam Chambers, one of the many CCD's and Frozen delights are among the most poplar. Our days are spent hailing down auto's, walking around the malls, having a coffee from CCD, eating street chat*, and wondering if we'll have rehearsals that day. I stayed with Anais and her host family, so during downtime, I watched TV and snuggled with Anais, or a skyped with people at home for the first time in FOREVER, since I didn't bring my own laptop and I don't have internet in my house.
Honestly, the last couple of weeks were better than south tour in a lot of respects. It has given me a new boost of confidence to be Indian.
This...this is the best thing. This is the Bengali dance being practices at Modern School.
Simple. Enjoying Nagpur with friends.
The next couple of weeks were kind of like an extension of south tour. We even managed to get Jordan, Kelsey, and Amanda to come to Nagpur for the performance! Most of us were together, just running wild through Nagpur. Except, it was less touring and more living. Nagpur is real India (As opposed to Tourist India which we were just in). Instead of visiting temples, we were sitting at the CCD or walking around the mall.
I've learned that Nagpur is a great city. There are two malls, a movies theatre, and a quite a number of places for young people to hang out. Like Poonam Chambers, one of the many CCD's and Frozen delights are among the most poplar. Our days are spent hailing down auto's, walking around the malls, having a coffee from CCD, eating street chat*, and wondering if we'll have rehearsals that day. I stayed with Anais and her host family, so during downtime, I watched TV and snuggled with Anais, or a skyped with people at home for the first time in FOREVER, since I didn't bring my own laptop and I don't have internet in my house.
Honestly, the last couple of weeks were better than south tour in a lot of respects. It has given me a new boost of confidence to be Indian.
Fitting six people into the back of an auto.
The eastern dance, which later becomes "The Chicken Dance"
The Maharastrian Dance
The Kathak Dance
The boy's costume for the Bengali dance. Chris is my hero.
The instrumentalists!
Nice outfits.
ReplyDelete