Blog Archive

Friday, June 15, 2012

December 9th: Coming back Home


On December 25th, it’s my sponsoring Rotary District conference.  In this conference, the exchange students are required to do some dances and performances, which means all of us outside Nagpur (Olivia, Serenity, Brii and I) get to stay in Nagpur while we learn and prepare for the dances.  The rest of them are going straight to Nagpur.  Unfortunately, I need to get off in Yavatmal to sign some papers or something for my visa. To me, it sounds like something that I could do in the afternoon and be in Nagpur by the evening.  But knowing India, that won’t happen.


My host dad picks me up at 8am and is sincerely happy to see me, so that was nice.  When I got home my host mom was equally happy to see me.  I make my way to my room.  The best thing about coming back home is the coming home to a clean, personal room that is better and a hotel.  Too bad that didn’t happen.  I walk up the stairs and the huge spider web that was outside my door is still there.*  The maid who cleans my room put my dirty suitcases on my bed and now there is a strange dirt pile stuck and flattened onto my bedsheet.  The bathroom looks like it has stained darker, and the two huge spiders and their web has grown.  There is a dried up cockroach in pieces on my laundry hamper. AND to top it off, the bath tap has even less water pressure than before**.


This is enough to send me into a terrible mood where I think my world is crumbling from under me.  It's a beautiful melodramatic sight.  I refuse to think of how I’m alone for the first time in a month.  Instead of crying I fall asleep until 3pm.  I come down and continue real Indian life.  I eat my dal and rice.  I go to the cyber café, I write in my journal and blindly watch cartoons.  It feels strange to fall into this routine again.  At 5pm, when my host dad is still at work, I know that I am not going to Nagpur tonight.  But on the bright side, it's nice to be with my host family again.  I have certainly missed them.

The next day around 5pm, I'm off to Nagpur again. I'm staying with Anais's host family like I did in September.  I enjoy Anais's host family, they are very kind.  Everything is all dandy, until I remember that i forgot my cellphone in Yavatmal, AKA the objects that's vital to Indian life.

Oh well, I don't take tension...I just go with it. 



*I hate spiders. I think about spiders and I basically throw up in my mouth

** Everyday the water pressure in my bathing tap gets weaker and weaker. It toke a full 30 minutes to fill up the bucket this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment