I'm finally starting to settle in. I can eat more normally, and I can sleep at night now.
This is a big deal. The last month has been me alone with the dubbed cartoons. Her name is Aafreen. She lives in my neighbourhood, and goes to my college. She’s four years older than me, and she takes me around Yavatmal. I’ll sit on the back of her scooter, and we’ll stop and get freshly squeezed juice for 20 cents, or go and see a Bollywood flick at the theater (They are in Hindi, and I don’t understand, but it’s still fun) or just hang out at her house. Ya know, doing what friends do. Aafreen is great. She’s bold, funny, and gets what she wants. And a great listener.

Apart of eating, sleeping and Aafreen, I also went to Nagpur (The nearest city to me) for my Rotary Youth Exchange Student orientation. I got to meet the other exchange students. Five from the US, three from Germany, another girl from Canada who lives in St. Thomas, a girl from France and a girl from Bermuda. Meeting exchange students is so special. It’s not awkward - well it wasn’t awkward for me at least. I knew these people could understand the new things I am feeling.
I'VE ALSO MET MY FIRST FRIEND!
This is a big deal. The last month has been me alone with the dubbed cartoons. Her name is Aafreen. She lives in my neighbourhood, and goes to my college. She’s four years older than me, and she takes me around Yavatmal. I’ll sit on the back of her scooter, and we’ll stop and get freshly squeezed juice for 20 cents, or go and see a Bollywood flick at the theater (They are in Hindi, and I don’t understand, but it’s still fun) or just hang out at her house. Ya know, doing what friends do. Aafreen is great. She’s bold, funny, and gets what she wants. And a great listener.
Iz Aafreen and I
Apart of eating, sleeping and Aafreen, I also went to Nagpur (The nearest city to me) for my Rotary Youth Exchange Student orientation. I got to meet the other exchange students. Five from the US, three from Germany, another girl from Canada who lives in St. Thomas, a girl from France and a girl from Bermuda. Meeting exchange students is so special. It’s not awkward - well it wasn’t awkward for me at least. I knew these people could understand the new things I am feeling.
We were given advice on how to deal with India, and more excitingly, we were informed about the Rotary sponsored tours we will be taking. We are travelling for one month around South India in November and travelling one month around North India in March. Plus, a Himalaya trek in May…potentially. We’ll see.
Things are finally getting together. Up until now, it’s been about surviving my new world, and now…it’s starting to be about living. It’s really exciting and relieving. I miss you and I miss Canada plenty, but I'm having the time of my life here. Please do yourself a favour and travel the world. I love you terribly.
Things are finally getting together. Up until now, it’s been about surviving my new world, and now…it’s starting to be about living. It’s really exciting and relieving. I miss you and I miss Canada plenty, but I'm having the time of my life here. Please do yourself a favour and travel the world. I love you terribly.

No comments:
Post a Comment