Eight hours of sleeping, timpass and the childhood game of SMASH, we arrive. We arrive straight to the hotel. We are all too tired to go out and explore, so instead declare the biggest hotel room the party room and…party. This is by far the nicest hotel from both tours. It’s clean and cozy with wifi (Pronounced wee-fee). It has a space heater and an electric blanket, two things that would have been nice in our last hotel in Dharamsala. Most of us gather in the party room. The TV switches from the romantic comedy to the cricket match with moans of disappointment on both ends. We are all waiting patiently for one of the two laptops to be free so we can check our email, facebook and skype after a week and a half of no internet. We are jumping around, wrestling, screaming, laughing and all the things that you are told not to do as a child in a hotel room. I feel sorry for the people around us.
The next day we drive to Solang Valley. Snow. So much snow. We see Yaks, skiing, tubing, sledding etc. The only different between this and Canada apart from the beautiful mountains in the background is the lack of warm winter gear. I’m wearing the same thing I wore in Dharamsala. I swore to myself that I would never wear chuck taylors in snow after so many uncomfortable days of cold, wet feet from walking through the marsh land outside of Banting. But today, I must.
We end doing none of the sports provided. 400 rupees for two rides down a hill? I don’t think so. So we sit and drink chai for hours.
And that was our day. The night ended the same way: a line up to skype with family members in the party room, and slowly everyone disappearing to a room to sleep. My night ended with a phone call to Justin, Kelsey snuggled up to me on my left, Serenity on my right under the electric blanket.
A good end to a good day :D
The next day we drive to Solang Valley. Snow. So much snow. We see Yaks, skiing, tubing, sledding etc. The only different between this and Canada apart from the beautiful mountains in the background is the lack of warm winter gear. I’m wearing the same thing I wore in Dharamsala. I swore to myself that I would never wear chuck taylors in snow after so many uncomfortable days of cold, wet feet from walking through the marsh land outside of Banting. But today, I must.
Much sexy. This is actually Baby Jakob's sweater. I was using it on the last day of south tour and I haven't had the chance to give it back to him. Oops
And that was our day. The night ended the same way: a line up to skype with family members in the party room, and slowly everyone disappearing to a room to sleep. My night ended with a phone call to Justin, Kelsey snuggled up to me on my left, Serenity on my right under the electric blanket.
A good end to a good day :D
No comments:
Post a Comment