Blog Archive

Friday, March 22, 2013

March 4: Jaismaler Pt. 2

I wish there was a way for me to describe the sound that woke us up.  We decided that we would wake up to watch the sun rise over the sand dunes, and one of our drivers was our alarm clock this morning.  So he walked by all of our tents saying “EXUSE MEEE? EXCUSE MEEE? SUNRIIIIIIISE? SUN RIIIIIIIIISE?” for ten minutes.

 Everyone shuffled out to walk up the dunes to watch the sunrise. My tent couldn’t do it. Anais and Brii are known for how much sleep they need, and Anais and I are known for how much we cuddle. I remember saying “We should probably get up” as I saw that beautiful early morning blue come into our tent and Brii answered me with “The sun is already up, we’re gonna miss it” which was enough for me to snuggle up to Anais and fall back asleep.

An hour later we drive back to the village for breakfast and our last camel ride. This camel ride stands out for me and Serenity. We were on a camel together, and I don’t know what it was about this particular camel, but every time the camel trotted, we would get a foot of air and land on our butts with a thud. After 15 minutes of this, we were screaming in agony and cursing in pain.  At first it was funny, but as the ride went on, Serenity and I were in legitimate pain...



 The look of serious pain. 

 I can't tell you about anyone else's experience, just because we fell behind like crazy.  After we got off, we were in the jeeps going back into Jaisalmer, and I honestly just passed out, lying across the laps of Kelsey, Anais and two others on my stomach, allowing my butt some time to recover.

Back at the hotel during my fresh up, it turns out that I actually have two cuts on my ass from the camel. I ran out of my room to find Serenity and exclaim what happened, and she has them too! BUTTCUTTS.  WHY.  I think the next couple of days we're travelling a lot by train and bus too... *sigh*

But there is still more to do today.  Jaismaler is known as "The Golden City".  Like Jaipur's buildings all being pink, Jaismaler's buildings are all yellow like sand.  Our next sight seeing thing was the palace in Jaismaler.



Which was on a hill, and walking up the hill there were a bunch of venders. 





 And then cool architecture 



 Dat View












 High fives for being awesome

 Introspective as balls. 










So that was pretty breath taking.  And our final activity in Jaismaler was pedal boating around a little pond, which was beautiful.  But while we were waiting for our little boats, we notice there's one man with his phone directly at us, presumably filming us.  Since he was alone, we had the power in numbers.  So we all decide that the boys would go invade this guys personal space - the same way he's invading ours.  Rude, yes.  But - the rules on tour are different than when we're living in our towns.

 So comfortable.

 But there was this weird temple thingy just chillin' in the middle of the pond.



 Like really random. 
Can we address Chris's cowlick right now?



The day was nice, even though there are two cuts making it uncomfortable to do anything, tiredness, and I'm still finding sand in my hair. We hop on our first AC train ride for somewhere new.  In AC, we have to be a bit more polite, plus we're all a little bit exhausted, so we hit the sack earlier than usual.  All the curtains are closed, and everything is calm and quiet. Serenity had one of the side bunks which is a little bit more private, and we stayed up for a bit just hanging out.  My bunk is farther away from everyone, and I eventually just end up sleeping with Serenity, on the tiny bed, yet again.  Such is life.     

No comments:

Post a Comment