NORTH TOUR IS UPON US.
Apparently a lot has happened in the short week that I was in Yavatmal. Brii has moved to Nagpur due to some host family things, and Serenity came along with Brii just to meet up with us in Nagpur. The Cricket World Cup begun recently and the lot of them got tickets to see a cricket match. I am beyond jealous that they got to go. Cricket to India is like Hockey to Canada. Plus, it's the world cup! There are 14 countries in it this year. (all of which are ex-colonies of Britain. -COLONIALISM-)
Then they all got in an auto accident after the match.
...wut.
This is the part of exchange I shouldn't tell you about, especially parents who are worried about kids being snatched up and sold into slavery (I shouldn't joke about that. Human trafficking is a serious issue, especially here). Apparently, their auto was making a right turn, and some huge SUV bumped into them, causing the auto to tip over. Serenity had whip lash, and Brii got a pretty huge bruise on her arm, and luckily the worst of it is only Franzi's ankle being fractured. She'll be on crutches for most of north tour, which is sad since she won't be able to fully enjoy the activities, but she'll still be with us so that's good!
9:30am, Anais's host mom dropped us off at the train station where I see Olivia. I run into her arms, and then Serenity's. One by one, all of my district is together. I see Franzi with her crutches, but nothing can get Franzi down. We're all talking quickly with giddy excitement. I feel I've come home, I'm with my exchange family again. There is a new addition to our family though.
This is unfortunately the only picture of Samantha and I. Unfortunately for me since I look like a turd. Anyway, Sam is from West Virginia. She is the only exchange student in the Hyderabad district. Sam is a sort of innocence to her. She smiles a lot, and laughs a lot. Out of all the laughs I've heard, I think her's might be my favourite. She bring happiness to all of us. Plus, she makes really, REALLY funny faces. I was nervous for Sam being thrown into our pagal-ness, but it seems that she fits in perfectly with us. She also has a beautiful voice. She always looks on the bright side of things, which I admire. Me gusta Sam.
This time around there are only 13 of us. Sabrina has gone back to Austria, Sebastian's exchange ended in January, Aafreen can't afford to miss this crucial study time, Dasha, Baby Jakob, and Michelle aren't coming for various reasons. Kelsey, Nikolas, Jordan, Hannah and Amanda are going to get on the train when we pass through their cities tonight. RK greets us, and tells us the plan: we will be on this train for close to 26 hours. We will be landing in Jaipur in the early morning. For some reason, I don't sense we will be getting any sleep tonight...


No comments:
Post a Comment