Blog Archive

Thursday, January 31, 2013

March 2: Jaipur Pt. 2

(Written in chicken scratch writing in the margins of my journal "Jaipur looks like Hyrule" with two terrible attempts at a triforce, and one acceptable one. FYI)

Today I am rocking a fanny pack, made possible by Chris's mom who packed a fanny pack for him.  I'm being ironic, but I wish that fanny packs were cool again.  They are just better in so many ways.

Just give me some acid wash flared jeans, a baggy shirt from a team building exercise and I'm straight from 1994

I've never felt so alive. 

Today's program is go to a fort called the Amer palace.  AKA Golkunda Fort: North Tour Edition. 

"The Amer Fort, as it stands now, was built over the remnants of this earlier structure during the reign of Raja Man Singh, Commander in Chief of Akbar's army and a member of the Emperor's inner circle of ninecourtiers, in 1592. The structure was fully expanded by his descendant, Jai Singh I. Even later, Amer Fort underwent improvements and additions by successive rulers over the next 150 years, until the Kachwahas shifted their capital to Jaipur during the time of Sawai Jai Singh II, in 1727." (Wikipedia, retrieved 31/01/13) (Don't even hate on  me for quoting wikipedia.)

 What uuuuup.


We got in trouble for climbing up there...Foreigner card please?

Pagal. Bahut pagal.

Straight from the fort we went shopping.  Again, it was like that one scene in Aladdin.  A whole bunch of little shops selling cool, exotic and othered things.  Also, a lot of the shop keepers were oddly aggressive...  Afterwards, we went to this neato palace.  I don't remember what it was called, but it was pink and it was purdy.

I don`t know what the deal was with the coloured windows, but I`m a fan.




And there were small nooks and cranny`s that were fun to try and fit through.  Too bad I have hips. 

And this is the outside of it right after sunset.  Super beautiful. 





 And this is just a cute picture.  

That was the end of our time in Jaipur.  We left for another over night 12 hour train ride.  It`s at night when the true hilarity begins.  There was an hour where we were waiting on a bus for an unknown reason.  So what happens? Start singing school bus tunes.  It`s the moments where I am laughing uncontrollably that make my exchange life.  There are no words to describe it, or to remember.  There`s no way to capture my feet paining, or how my head is pounding from dehydration.  I hate it.  I wish I had a moment camera.

Even though I am exhausted, I spend my train night writing in my journal while others sleep.  I know that in the booth over Chris is doing the same thing.  Through the headache and the bumps of the train, I write down every single thing I did, and every single feeling I felt, because I want to remember it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment