Hello everyone,
I have been back from India for about eight months, and India continues to become more and more in my past. But that doesn't mean I think of it any less. In fact, lately I've been thinking of India more. More of an exercise I'd say; to help me never forget that year that has no adjectives to describe it.
I have been back from India for about eight months, and India continues to become more and more in my past. But that doesn't mean I think of it any less. In fact, lately I've been thinking of India more. More of an exercise I'd say; to help me never forget that year that has no adjectives to describe it.
In my reminiscing, I read my journals, keep contact with my friends that I met because of India, some other reminiscing type stuff, and read my blog. As I went through my blogs it came to my attention that I am pretty bad at writing and expressing my feelings via text. Between jumping around from thought to thought, redundancies, and the typos, I'm sure that I have embarrassed myself thoroughly.
In order to redeem myself and India, I have decided to re-write my blogs by taking my original entries, my personal journals, and experiences that have been "seasoned" with university intro courses to South Asian studies, gender studies, and sociology.
This is more for me than anyone else. Re-writing them is something that I have been doing when I'm bored, or when thoughts of India are too much to keep inside. If there is anyone who reads this, you can have a better idea of what it was like for me in India. And hopefully you’ll think I am a better writer than I was in India…
Let’s start.
This is more for me than anyone else. Re-writing them is something that I have been doing when I'm bored, or when thoughts of India are too much to keep inside. If there is anyone who reads this, you can have a better idea of what it was like for me in India. And hopefully you’ll think I am a better writer than I was in India…
Let’s start.
No comments:
Post a Comment