Blog Archive

Monday, March 26, 2012

November 18th: Mahabalipuram

Mahablaialsdflajnflj...rum.

Don't worry, that's what happened to me when I tried to say it too!

Last night we took a sleeper train to Chennai, then a bus to Mahabalipuram. When we get off the train, it's already so much more different than Hyderabad. The first thing I notice is the humid air and the stench of fish. That's right, we're on the coast. Coconut trees are everywhere, and it looks so much more different than Yavatmal. Mahabalipuram is a small little off the beaten tourist path (Not the first tourism destination, but makes top 20, I'm sure).

We get to a resort, which is beautiful and right by the beach. Unfortunately, while everyone was at the beach, Serenity, Olivia and I needed to find swimsuits. Keeping in mind that India wouldn't like our North American bikini's AND Mahabalipuram is more of a spiritual place. SUPER CONSERVATIVE!


After some beach time and walking down the "Real India" shopping strip, we sat around a campfire, apparently burned some guys boat material, and just enjoyed life.

Sebastian took some of my most favourite pictures in the entire world in Mahabalipuram. So enjoy!



A wallah, with his daughter.


Young wallah


!!!!


I love how the waves look like clouds.


*drool*

Sand sticking to our disgustingly sweaty bodies, but it was so worth it.
Michelle, Nikolas, Olivia, Brii, Aafreen, Jordan

Boats...Yeee

This is my favourite picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment